Travis L. ShawAttorney
Handling Business Litigation, Construction Law, Corporate Law, Real Property Law, and More
Travis L. Shaw is a partner in the litigation section of Patout & Shaw, PLLC. His primary practice areas are construction law, complex business litigation, commercial law, employment law, family law, and wills, trusts, and estates. Mr. Shaw is uniquely qualified as a construction attorney due to his prior work experience, which includes four and a half years in commercial and residential construction as a general contractor while operating a construction company in the Greater Houston area and San Antonio.
Mr. Shaw’s prior legal experience includes pharmaceutical litigation involving leading medical device and pharmaceutical companies in the United States and abroad, and has appeared in both state and federal litigation. While in school Mr. Shaw was an officer in the Oil and Gas Law Society, Associate Editor of Corporate Counsel review, as well as a member to multiple other organizations.
South Texas College of Law
Juris Doctorate, 2011
Texas A&M University
B.S. in Animal Science and Economics, 2005
- Matthews & Associates, Associate Attorney, Personal Injury and Mass Tort Litigation
- Hon. Judge Ken Wise, 334th District Court, Law Clerk
- Harris County District Attorneys’ Office, 185th Felony Division, Law Clerk
Prior to law school, Mr. Shaw worked as a lead superintendent for Sivage Homes, General Construction Manager for Pinnacle Homes, and spent three years in human resources, dealing primarily in employment law.
- Fort Bend County Business Journal Rising Star (May 2014)
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2015)
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Construction Law Section of the Houston Bar Association
- Real Estate Section of the Houston Bar Association
- Litigation Section of the Houston Bar Association