John J. Patout Jr.Attorney
Skilled Litigator for Construction Law, Consumer Law, Real Property Law & More
As a partner and skilled litigator at Patout & Shaw, PLLC, John J. Patout Jr., or “Jay,” primarily practices in business litigation, construction and commercial law, and real estate law and development matters. He has experience assisting both Fortune 500 ranked companies, small and mid-sized business owners, and other individuals with their legal problems.
During law school at South Texas College of Law, Mr. Patout was on the Dean’s List for every semester of attendance. He was involved in many professional and academic societies and honors organizations, including the Order of the Lytae, Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity, where he served as Magister, the Oil and Gas Law Society and the Environmental Law Society, where he served as President, and as Editor of the school’s Corporate Counsel Review.
South Texas College of Law
Cum Laude, Juris Doctorate, 2011
Sam Houston State University
B.S. in Psychology and Criminal Justice, 2007
- Porter Hedges LLP, Associate Attorney, Construction and General Business Litigation
- Hon. Judge Ken Wise, 334th District Court, Law Clerk
- Hon. Judge David Hittner, United States District Court, Law Clerk
- Germer Gertz, Law Clerk, Insurance and Personal Injury Litigation
Prior to attending law school Mr. Patout was was an accountant whose practice involved individual, corporate, and fiduciary tax returns, as well as, governmental audit procedures.
- Fort Bend County Business Journal Rising Star (May 2014)
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Fort Bend County Bar Association
- Construction Law Section of the Texas Bar Association
- Construction Law Section of the Houston Bar Association
- Real Estate Law Section of the Texas Bar Association